On the A490, there is no Disp button, so I assume that the alternative should be the Trash/Timer button. However, whether with a ver.req or a vers.req file in the root of the SDHC card (or with both files there), starting the camera in Play mode, then pressing and holding FUNC. SET followed by Trash/Timer has no effect. If anyone can think of anything else that I should try, please post a comment here. Koralik 17:57, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
How to set CHDK on Powershot A490?
I have an A490 camera, but it has no DISP button so how can I check its firmware version? Anybody can help me IN DETAIL how to set CHDK on A490's SD card (from A-Z please, I'm a chicken :() I can't check the firmware so I copy all the build into the card but there's nothing happen.
23:27, June 21, 2011 (UTC)~
- To get you camera's firmware version read this FAQ section; you may use CameraVersion or the ACID tool to get the fw version from an image file.
- There's an early BETA CHDK version available for the A490 with firmware version 1.00F from the german CHDKDE autobuild server
- non-english speaking users:
- select "Komplett" to get the full CHDK package
- the default language for this build is german; to change CHDK menu language to english, delete or rename the file \CHDK\LANG\german.lng
- CHDK notes:
- the <Alt> key for the A490 is the PLAY button (short / long press)
--> Please report issues with the A490 or ask development related questions here: A490 porting thread
Fe50 05:18, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
i would like to know if there is going to be a chdk verision for canon a490 with firmware 100e.