The Powershot SX 30 IS is the successor to the SX20 IS.
CHDK is available for the Powershot SX30 with firmware versions 1.00E, 1.00H, 1.00L, 1.00M, 1.00N and 1.00P from the Download page.
- Digic IV image processor
- DryOS operating system
- 14.1 megapixel CCD sensor, 1/2.3 inch
- 35x wide-angle optical zoom lens 24- 840mm, F2.7 - F5.8
- Image stabilization (lens shift-type)
- Display: 2.7 inch vari-angle LCD, 230,000 pixels
- Electronic viewfinder 202.000 pixels
- Built-in pop up flash, hot-shoe for external flash
- Video: 1280 x 720 @30 fps (slightly cropped to 28 - 980mm), 640 x 480 @30 fps, 320 x 240 @30 fps, Miniature Effect (HD, L) 6 fps, 3 fps, 1.5 fps
- HDMI output
- Storage: SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MMCplus, HCMMCplus
- Power: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery NB-7L (battery and charger included)
- Dimensions: 123 x 92 x 108 mm, Weight: 601g (with battery)
The ver.req file method is used to gather firmware information about this camera model.
Ver.req First Page Data: After holding downthen press :
European PAL Version Header
Canon PowerShot SX30 IS P-ID: 3210 NT D Firmware Ver GM1.00H
Adj Ver.011.001 Mecha Firm Ver 3.03
USA Version Header
P-ID: 3210 NT D
Firmware ver GM1.00L
This section describes special CHDK-related things...
- When powered on in playback mode, just press the full or halfway once to switch to record mode
- To turn the camera on directly in record mode, hold the button for 1 second
- To enable the DNG support follow the little guidance from the forum
- The <Alt> key for the SX30, is a short-press of the PRINT button. (PRINT button is to the left of the viewfinder).
0xC0220134 Power LED (green)
- I/O port for SD card power on/off: 0xC0220018 ()
- SX30 firmware version 1.00H: mediafire DL link was deleted since Wikia considers it a malware site
- SX30 firmware version 1.00L: Zshare DL Link
- SX30 firmware version 1.00M: zSHARE DL Link
- SX30 firmware version 1.00N
- SX30 firmware version 1.00P: zSHARE DL Link
Download location for firmware dumps:
- Porting in progress. CHDK booting succesfully. Can create a RAW image file. Some scripts working. Screen redraw/refresh not reliable yet (menus disappear, Canon display not properly refreshed). Forum Link.
- Beta release available for firmware 1.00E, 1.00H and 1.00L. Forum Link