The Powershot SX230 HS is the successor to the SX210 IS.
CHDK is available for the SX230 with the firmware versions 1.00C, 1.01A, 1.01B, 1.01C and 1.01E from the Download page
Reviews[edit | edit source]
Technical Data[edit | edit source]
- Digic IV image processor
- DryOS operating system
- 12.1 megapixels, 1/2.3" back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- 14x optical zoom lens
- lens: 28-392mm (35mm equiv), F/3.1 - F/5.9
- Image stabilization (lens shift-type), "Dynamic IS" in movie mode
- Display: 3.0 inch TFT, 461,000 pixels
- Video: 1920x1080 @24 fps HD, 1280x720 @30 fps HD, 640x480 @30 fps, 320x240 @30 fps
- Super Slow Motion movie mode: 640x480 @120fps, 320x240 @240 fps
- Miniature effect mode: 1280x720 or 640x480 @6, 3, or 1.5 fps
- Movie format: Quicktime (MOV / H.264), linear PCM stereo
- HDMI A/V out connector
- Storage: SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MMCplus, HC MMCplus
- Power: Li-ion battery NB-5L
- Weight (including battery): 215g, Dimensions: 106 x 59 x 33 mm
Specifications Links[edit | edit source]
Firmware info[edit | edit source]
The ver.req file method is used to gather firmware information about this camera model.
US & Japan NTSC Version Header
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS P-ID:3228 NT D
Firmware Dumps[edit | edit source]
- SX230 HS fw 1.00C (16mb, dumped with cBasic udumper by sylikc): sylikc's box.net dl link
- SX230 HS fw 1.01A (16mb, dumped with cBasic udumper by aquilla): aquilla's box.net dl link
- SX230 HS fw 1.01B (16mb, dumped with cBasic udumper by andyroo): box.net dl link
- SX230 HS fw 1.01C (16mb, dumped with cBasic udumper by accolon): dropbox dl link
- SX230 HS fw 1.01E (16mb, dumped with cBasic udumper by GreedyRogue): box.net dl link
Download location for firmware dumps:
CHDK Specialties[edit | edit source]
This section describes special CHDK-related things...
- Combination to show firmware information (after copying the needed files to the SD card):
- Press and hold button.
- Now quickly press the button (while holding the button).
- If you press the button not fast enough, a animated clock will appear.
- access <ALT> mode by pressing
- short press ALT mode, long press original playback mode
- to start directly in Record mode, hold down the Power button ~ 1-2 seconds
- no dual partitioning required, the camera supports booting from FAT32(4GB+) formatted SD cards.
- For 4GB+ SD cards follow this steps:
- format the SD card from the original camera options menu
- copy DISKBOOT.BIN, PS.FI2 and the CHDK folder on SD card
- start the camera by holding the button for ~ 1-2 seconds
- select Firm Update...-> OK
- go into <ALT> mode -> Menu -> Miscellaneous stuff -> Make card bootable...
- lock the SD card to boot directly into CHDK
Shortcuts:[edit | edit source]
- histogram on/off -> half pressed shutter + down
- zebra mode on/off -> half pressed shutter + MENU
- CHDK-OSD on/off -> half pressed shutter + right
- override on/off -> half pressed shutter + left
For Developers[edit | edit source]
General info:[edit | edit source]
- DyrOS v2.3, release #0047
- FW start address: 0xFF000000