Canon Powershot SD1200IS / IXUS95IS / IXY DIGITAL 110 IS
The Powershot SD1200IS / IXUS95IS was released on February 17, 2009
Note that this camera does not appear to support dual partitions so use an SD card 4G or smaller for Card Lock autobooting. If you would like to help test a fix this, see this post SD1200 IS Porting Thread. Note that CHDK will work with larger cards formatted in FAT32, but only using firmware update mode.
Reviews and Specifications
- Digic IV image processor
- DryOS operating system
- Sensor: 10.0 million effective pixels, 1/2.3 CCD (6.16 x 4.62 mm, 0.28 cm²), 35 MP/cm² Pixel Density
- Max image size: 3648 x 2736
- 3x optical zoom lens 35-105mm (35mm equiv), F2.8 - F4.9
- 2.5 inch LCD, 230,000 pixels
- ISO 80-1600
- 640 x 480 @ 30 fps, 320 x 240 @ 30 fps movie recording
- Power: Lithium-Ion NB-6L battery
- Weight (without battery): 120 g (4.2 oz), Dimensions: 86 x 55 x 22 mm (3.4 x 2.2 x 0.9 in)
The vers.req file is used to retrieve firmware information from the camera.
After holding downand then pressing :
P-ID:31C4 NT D <-- (US NTSC Version) Firmware Ver GM1.00C NoError Jan 9 2009 14:57:24
Second press of(while still holding ) reveals:
Adj Ver. 006.008
Third press of(while still holding ) brings up this:
Adj Ver. 006.008 IS Firm Ver. 2.07 IS Param Ver. 2.09
After holding down vers.req file:then pressing four times with
Driver info: 0x00000000
- Porting Thread: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4324.new.html
- Firmware Dumping Thread http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,3547.new.html
- Firmware 1.00C blinked out by syrius, the blinker app & a java version of the used tools are available from the forum (mirror).
- SD780IS thread showing that conversion for new cameras is possible http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,3995.0.html
- this camera is also running on a semi-functional port of CHDK compiled by KevB, that port is under testing by members of the community, the port is capable of saving raw files and it can run scripts (exposure has been overridden with Tv mode universal script and motion detection scrips seem to work fine) but no zoom or focusing has been overridden yet, there is no usb shutter function either. It can be found in the development thread
Interested in helping port? Found Bugs? Head here!
#define LED_IO_R 0xC0220130 // IO indicator LED (red state) #define LED_IO_G 0xC0220134 // IO indicator LED (green state) // Red and Green together is orange #define LED_O_LF 0xC0220138 // IO indicator LED left (yellow state) #define LED_AF 0xC0223030 // Auto-focus LED (very bright...)
- firmware version 1.00C (4MB), blinked out by syrius (forum link), starting at 0xFFC00000
- firmware version 1.00B (4MB), dumped by luddek with cBasic udumper
Download location for firmware dumps: