The Canon PowerShot A800 was released in January 2011. It is based on the Digic 3 platform and features the DryOS.
A beta version of CHDK for the A800 is available from the CHDK Autobuild Server.
Follow the latest development on the A800 porting thread
Reviews and Specifications[edit | edit source]
Technical Data[edit | edit source]
- DIGIC 3 image processor
- DryOs operating system
- 10 Megapixel CCD, 1/2.3" (6.17 x 4.55 mm)
- Max resolution: 3648 x 2736
- Shutter speed: 15 - 1/2000 sec. (Canon)
- ISO range 100 to 1600 (Canon)
- Zoom: 3.3 X optical zoom lens
- Focal length: 6.6 mm (W) - 21.6 mm (T), (equiv. 37 - 122 mm)
- Fixed aperture: F3.0 (W) - F5.8 (T)
- Switchable ND filter
- 2.5" LCD display
- Can record movies at 640 x 480 (30 frames/second)
- Uses two AA batteries
- Uses SD/SDHC memory cards
Firmware info[edit | edit source]
- The firmware version can be retrieved from the firmware dump or from the EXIF meta data with a tool like CameraVersion from the Software section.
- To load firmware onto camera: Press the PLAY (|>) button when camera is powered OFF, then press MENU then press UP. Do not press the play button after powering the camera ON (if you do the firmware update option will not appear in the menu).
- When CHDK is loaded, the PLAY button now toggles you in/out of <ALT> mode. Press and hold the play button when powered on in normal camer mode to enter play mode. When card is made bootable and lock is set on SD card, the camera will boot into CHDK and power on in play mode and you can press the cam/movie button to enter normal camera mode.
CHDK specialities[edit | edit source]
- FAT32 autoboot support (released 2011, DRYOS 2.3 release #47)
For Developers[edit | edit source]
- A800 porting thread: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7409.msg80793#msg80793
Firmware dumps[edit | edit source]
Download location for firmware dumps: