Currently, there is no version available for download, it is far from usable yet.
- Firmware versions 1.0.5 and 1.0.8 availabl
- Runs VxWorks
- 256MB memory
- Uses AUTOEXEC.BIN instead of DISKBOOT.BIN
- Needs to be enabled in NVRAM
- Requires an EOS_DEVELOP disklabel and BOOTDISK 'signature'
- Can boot from FAT32
- File format unknown, possibly needs a header but unlikely (probably a plain binary)
- Runs from 0x800000
Possible extra functionality
- Movie mode
- Live view contrast AF
- Might already be present in the firmware but that's just a guess based on some strings.
- AF microadjustment
- Some strings present but functionality likely not implemented.
- Total shot counter
Work in progress... General EOS 40D development discussion
This page needs cleaning up and additional information :)